[Nut-upsdev] Syslog flooding

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Apr 20 12:51:06 UTC 2010

Citeren Sean Conner <sean op conman.org>:

>> If you're monitoring two (or more) UPSes from the same host system,
>> make sure they can be uniquely identified by the regular expressions
>> you specified in 'ups.conf'. The situation you're describing is
>> typical for an installation where this is not done properly (see also
>> 'man 8 usbhid-ups'). The regular expressions are *mandatory* as soon
>> as you connect multiple UPS devices to a single host.
>
>   Can you give an example?  Or does this only apply if the UPSes are of the
> same make and model?  For instance, here's my ups.conf file:
>
> [apc1000]
>         driver = usbhid-ups
>         port = auto
>         desc = "APC Back-UPS XS 1000"
>         vendorid = 051D
>
> [cp1000]
>         driver = usbhid-ups
>         port = auto
>         desc = "CyberPower 1000AVR"
>         vendorid = 0764

Both devices have a different 'vendorid', which is one of the regular
expressions (see 'man 8 usbhid-ups') we use for device matching. This
makes them uniquely identifiable. If you add another APC and/or
CyberPower device, you'll have to add additional regular expressions
since the 'vendorid' alone will usually be the same for devices from
the same vendor.

Best regards, Arjen

PS  Please honor the line below. Unless a consultation fee is
involved, I won't reply to messages sent to me in private.
--
Please keep list traffic on the list