[Nut-upsdev] Error Message Connecting to CyberPower 1500AVR by USB

Soren Stoutner soren at sbtechsolutions.biz
Tue Apr 27 10:08:10 UTC 2010

I have a CyberPower 1500AVR LCD connected by USB to an up-to-date Debian
Testing box running nut 2.4.3.

/etc/nut/ups.conf contains the following information:

[myups]
        driver = usbhid-ups
        port = auto

When I run upsdrvctl start I receive the following output:

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.3)
USB communication driver 0.31
Can't claim USB device [0764:0501]: could not detach kernel driver from
interface 0: Operation not permitted
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Is this because the CyberPower 1500AVR is not supported by the usbhid-ups
driver or is there something else misconfigured on my system?

Soren

--
Soren Stoutner
Small Business Tech Solutions