[Nut-upsdev] Error Message Connecting to CyberPower 1500AVR by USB

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 12:56:33 UTC 2010

2010/4/27 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org <nut%2Bdevel at de-korte.org>>

> Citeren Soren Stoutner <soren at sbtechsolutions.biz>:
>

>  Is this because the CyberPower 1500AVR is not supported by the usbhid-ups
>> driver or is there something else misconfigured on my system?
>>

> NUT wasn't properly configured. Search the archives for "Operation not
> permitted" for a solution. This has been discussed many times before
> already. Ask on the nut-upsuser mailing list if you need more help.

well, to complete Arjen's answer on the specific Debian side:
there is a change (a regression would be more adapted) from Ubuntu that I
shouldn't have applied.

the fix is simply to unplug / plug back your UPS' USB cord, and then fire
nut.
so as to the udev permissions will be applied and the sun will shine
again...

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops