[Nut-upsdev] APC nominal power patch

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Dec 6 11:34:07 UTC 2010

Citeren vasos <noxelia op gmail.com>:

> i just want to share a quick n dirty patch to support nominal power
> in APC ups's.
> I was not sure about the name of the nut key and put it to ups.power.nominal

Thanks for your patch. The naming scheme of NUT can be found in
'docs/new-names.txt', where you'll find that the correct name for this
would be 'ups.power'.

Having said that, in case of extensions to usbhid-ups drivers we
usually prefer to receive the output of the driver running debug mode
(make sure to stop NUT before running the below command as root):

     /path/to/usbhid-ups -DD -a <upsname> >APC_SmartUPS_RS_550.log 2>&1

Let the above run for about 30 seconds and post the (gzip'ed) logfile
here. We might be able to extract more useful information from it to
even better support your UPS.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)