[Nut-upsdev] smart1050slt by tripp lite

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 12:32:45 UTC 2010

On Feb 1, 2010, at 5:21 AM, Alexey Loukianov wrote:

> 01.02.2010 05:11, chance fulton wrote:
>> # svn co svn://svn.debian.org/nut/trunk nut
>> # cd nut
>> # autoreconf --install
>> # ./configure --with-user=nut --with-group=nut --with-usb
>
> Sorry for interfering with your conversation but wouldn't it be
> easier for
> Chance to use tarballs directly from buildbot instead of building up
> from SVN?
>
> It would assure that the sources are just as they are expected to be
> by Charles, so it would protect yourselves from the errors like the
> one happened.

Alexey,

one problem is that tarballs are not automatically built for branches
other than the trunk and AsciiDoc. (I am actually in the middle of
setting things up so that the trunk builds are listed separately from
the rest.)

Also, it's a lot quicker for someone to run 'svn up' and rebuild only
the affected files.

> Before updating sources to a new SVN revision be sure to change
> working
> directory to nut and issue:
> # make clean

If the dependencies are all set up, there shouldn't be a need to run
'make clean', since 'svn up' will modify the time on changed files. I
only mentioned 'make clean' as a last resort before, but now that
Chase is on the right branch, I think we're all set.