[Nut-upsdev] Driver fix for Ippon BCP800 (06da/0003), blazer_usb.c

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sun Feb 7 18:40:06 UTC 2010

Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple op gmail.com>:

> what is the status of this patch?

There are two solutions in the driver:

1) Use the automatically detected 'phoenix' subdriver that flushes the
input before sending a command (similar to the patch submitted and
also similar to the megatec_usb driver). Bad side effect is the
mandatory wait for the input to timeout, so I'm not to thrilled about
that.

2) Use the 'ippon' subdriver (configured in 'ups.conf') that reads in
one big 64-byte chunk, which seems to be a better match for this
specific USB to serial controller (see recent activity on the upsdev
mailinglist).

> I am not too familiar with the inner workings of the megatec/blazer
> UPSes, but does it make sense to add this as a configuration file
> option?

It already is (and you even ported the man page to the Ascii doc branch).

Please keep list traffic on the list