[Nut-upsdev] 2.4.2 freeze

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Feb 19 08:59:39 UTC 2010

Citeren Tim Rice <tim op multitalents.net>:

> r2353 looks good on UnixWare 7.1.4, OpenServer 6, & Solaris 10 all with
> native compilers.

Thanks for reporting this.

> UnixWare 7.1.1 chokes on __func__
> UX:acomp: ERROR: "/opt/src/utils/nut-2.4.1-r2353/common/state.c",
> line 105: undefined symbol: __func__

This is something that was introduced in C99 so I'm not too surprised
this doesn't work on older systems. Is this the native compiler from
UnixWare 7.1.1?

> That's just a FYI. I would not hold up release for this.
> UnixWare 7.1.1 is not a currently shipping system.

We can easily work around this through some autoconf magic, so I see
no reason why we shouldn't attempt to support this. It is probably
better to make the debugging output (a little) harder to interpret,
than to fail building at all.

Please keep list traffic on the list