[Nut-upsdev] ETIME on FreeBSD

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sun Jan 17 10:09:26 UTC 2010

Citeren Alexey Loukianov <mooroon2 op mail.ru>:

> Now it looks like I
> also will have to install FreeBSD on my notebook in order to check if it is
> possible to reset usb device using FreeBSD's implementation of libusb and to
> determine the error code that is returned for stalled device under FreeBSD.

Yes, that would be *very* useful. I'm considering to reverse the
preference order for the phoenix and ippon subdrivers also. Your
excellent detective work here leads me to believe that the latter is a
much better match for this class of USB to serial converters. In cases
where it wouldn't work, people could fallback to the phoenix subdriver
(instead of the other way around).

[...]

> I don't think there's a need for separate autoconf definition for
> ETIME as this
> error code seems to be linux-specific and platform type is the thing
> that happen
> to be checked up automatically by autoconf.

I don't think we even need make this platform specific. The only thing
we're interested in, is whether or not ETIME is defined. I've added a
preprocessor directive to only test for -ETIME if it is defined.

Please keep list traffic on the list