[Nut-upsdev] Liebert ESP II driver

Robert Jobbagy jobbagy.robert at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 10:46:14 UTC 2010

2010/7/19 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org <nut%2Bdevel at de-korte.org>>

> Citeren Robert Jobbagy <jobbagy.robert at gmail.com>:
>
>  first:
>>
>> What's wrong with this:
>>
>>    dstate_setinfo("battery.runtime.low","%d",3500);
>>
>> it doesnt work.
>>

> If you put this in the right location, this will work. But without context,
> I can't tell if you did. Also remember that the dstate_setinfo() function is
> only for setting variables in the driver that are read by the upsd server.
> It won't magically update these values in the UPS. That should be done in
> the setvar / instcmd functions (that are currently empty in this driver) and
> which implement a UPS specific method to change settings or initiate a
> command respectively. Please read *all* the developer documentation before
> asking for help or start hacking in the sources.

I put  dstate_setinfo("battery.runtime.low","%d",3500); in the
upsdrv_initinfo function.
I tought battery.runtime.low tell to NUT when send LOW BATTERY EVENT and
after
this will be happend

- generates a NOTIFY_SHUTDOWN event
   - waits FINALDELAY seconds - typically 5
   - creates the POWERDOWNFLAG file - usually /etc/killpower
   - calls the SHUTDOWNCMD

>  second:
>>
>> If I figure out how can I shutdown PC and UPS that ups shutdown too and if
>> plug back the power PC start automatic.
>> I put this command in upsdrv_shutdown, is it right?
>>

> Maybe.
>

>  Or I need put it in other function?
>>

> It depends on when you need to send this command. As far as I can tell the
> UPS will now shutdown automatically when the power fails. Since we don't
> have a functional upsdrv_shutdown() function, I guess that we should tell
> the UPS not to do this *before* a power failure hits us. In that case, the
> command should be in upsdrv_initinfo(). However, if you need to send it
> right before the UPS should be brought down, it should be in
> upsdrv_shutdown(). I can't tell, I have no idea how this works on your UPS.
>

> Best regards, Arjen
> --
> Please keep list traffic on the list

Best Regards,