[Nut-upsdev] Liebert ESP II driver

Robert Jobbagy jobbagy.robert at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 09:41:20 UTC 2010

2010/7/30 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org <nut%2Bdevel at de-korte.org>>

> Citeren Robert Jobbagy <jobbagy.robert at gmail.com>:
>
>  I ran /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start and driver didnt start
>> I gave this error:
>> ESP-II capable UPS not detected
>>

> Most likely, the driver is still running in the background. Make sure you
> stop all drivers before starting (even in debug mode). Search the archives.

yes, I kill java app and all nut process before start driver and upsd.

>  second,
>> I ran /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start and
>> ups shutdown itself and I dont know why?
>>

> I don't have a clue if you don't provide more information. What version of
> the driver are you running? Which modifications did you make? In the past it
> has been running as far as I know, so if it no longer does, you probably
> broke it.

I use nut rev2462 and I put shutdown commands in end of upsdrv_updateinfo
before these calls

status_commit();

 dstate_dataok();

I test manual shutdown commands , If I run upsc
liebert-esp2 at localhostcommand then call upsdrv_updateinfo if I think
it right ?
This is the all modify in this driver.

>  I know that I need run the driver like this : /path/to/liebert-esp2 -DD -a
>> liebert-esp2 but If I use this liebert-esp -DD -a liebert-esp >> logfile
>> <-
>> it doesnt work
>>

> You also need to redirect the stderr output.
>

> Best regards, Arjen
> --
> Please keep list traffic on the list

Best Regards,