[Nut-upsdev] Tripp-Lite SU2200XLA problem (fwd)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 00:10:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Kelvin Ku
<kelvin at telemetry-investments.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 07:53:59PM -0500, Charles Lepple wrote:
>>
>> If so, then my original suggestion still stands: "sudo ./usbhid-ups -a
>> usb"
>>

> I think I covered this in a previous email, but here it is anyway:
>
> $ sudo usbhid-ups -a usb
> Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.3)
> USB communication driver 0.31
> Using subdriver: TrippLite HID 0.4
> libusb_get_report: could not claim interface 0: Device or resource busy
> Got disconnected by another driver: Device or resource busy
> Can't initialize data from HID UPS

Ah, that's the one I was looking for. This is slightly different than
the non-root command that you posted.

What Linux distribution are you running? Does it have e.g. a Gnome
power management utility?

What do you get from "ps auxww|grep hid"?

--
- Charles Lepple