[Nut-upsdev] Getting 'Data stale' error with bcmxcp_usb for a PowerWare 5115 on OSX

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Sat Mar 13 15:42:04 UTC 2010

Good morning,

On 13/03/10 at 9:57 AM -0500, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

> From what I can tell, libusb-1.0 does not offer much beyond
>what we already get from libusb-0.1.12. So, for the foreseeable
>future, we will probably stick to the libusb-0.1 API.

Understood.

>The simple solution for now is to use 0.1.12. I think I
>remember hearing that both can be installed at once, but NUT is
>currently looking for 0.1.x.

Yep, I've currently got both installed via ports and all seems
fine. Specifically I've got `libusb` and `libusb-legacy`
installed. I tried with `libusb-compat` instead (seems to be
more recent in 0.1 branch) but I got another round of strange
errors when running the driver. Using libusb-legacy seems to
work fine.

>Hopefully I will have some time later today to take a more
>in-depth look at your original problem. On the other hand, if
>the driver is working in debug mode, our efforts might be
>better spent on creating a solid example launchd script for
>running the driver.

I'm working on that now. I'll send the one I'm using when I've
got it ready.

Would you expect a different launchd plist for each of
upsdrvctl, upsd and upsmon? That's the way I'm approaching it.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlie

--
    Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garrison at zeta.org.au>
    〠 PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt