[Nut-upsdev] using upscode2 driver with Powerware 5119 RM

Steve Golson sgolson at trilobyte.com
Sun Mar 14 23:50:58 UTC 2010

On 3/4/10 10:36 AM, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren Steve Golson <sgolson at trilobyte.com>:
>
>> I think instcmd should be "shutdown.reboot" instead of
>> "shutdown.return". My UPS does not support UPPF command but does
>> support UPPC. You really want it to shutdown regardless of the state
>> of line power, then it will come back up after ups.delay.reboot seconds.
>
> You're absolutely right, this is what was used before as well. So we
> should be using "shutdown.reboot" (not "shutdown.return"). I just
> committed this change.

I finally was able to test the r2391 version of drivers/upscode2.c with my
Powerware 5119 RM, and it works great. Communication with the UPS works, I can
monitor status just fine, and shutdown works properly using the specified
ups.delay.reboot and ups.delay.shutdown parameters.

Thanks again Arjen.

-seg