[Nut-upsdev] cross-compiling the windows_port branch (socklen_t)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 10:53:24 UTC 2010

On Nov 4, 2010, at 6:50 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2010, at 4:32 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
>> can you please describe a bit your method, ie what's your native
>> environment, which packages you've installed and how you call
>> configure?
>
> Sure.
>
> I am currently testing this on Mac OS X with Fink, but this should
> apply to Debian/Ubuntu as well.
>
> I have the mingw-binutils, mingw-gcc, mingw-runtime and mingw-w32api
> packages installed in Fink (some of those are merged in Debian, I
> think.) The configure parameters: "./configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32"
>
> At the moment, Wine is not installed, but I think that is more of an
> issue on Linux where configure tries to run the generated
> executables in order to see if it is a cross-compilation environment.

Here are the version numbers for those packages:

  i   mingw-binutils             2.16.91-20050827-1-  GNU binutils for
MinGW
  i   mingw-gcc                  4.1.0-2              GNU GCC for MinGW
  i   mingw-runtime              3.8-1                Minimalist GNU
for Windows - Runtime
  i   mingw-w32api               3.3-1                Minimalist GNU
for Windows - Win32 API

I see now that windmc is part of binutils, but it doesn't seem to be
part of the Fink build.