[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2600 - in trunk: . clients common docs m4 server

Frédéric Bohé fredericbohe at eaton.com
Thu Nov 4 10:53:49 UTC 2010

On mer., 2010-10-20 at 20:45 +0000, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Author: adkorte-guest
> Date: Wed Oct 20 20:45:01 2010
> New Revision: 2600
>
> Log:
> Remove code that used the (now obsoleted) gethostbyaddr in favor of the (IPv6 capable) getaddrinfo function

Arjen,

I am trying to merge the windows_port branch with trunk and I have some
issues.
First, getaddrinfo seems to be supported on Win32 platforms only since
Windows XP. So I can compile binaries for Win32 but we will loose Win
NT/2000/98 compatibility here.
Second, it seems that inet_ntop is supported only since Windows Vista.
Which remove Windows XP from the compatibility list.

Of course we can try to provide equivalent functions but is this commit
really worth the extra work ? Moreover, what will be the impact of this
commit on other old systems ?
Maybe we could simply revert this commit to avoid breakage.

Regards,
Fred