[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2669 - in branches/AsciiDoc: . m4

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 10:06:26 UTC 2010

2010/11/5 Arjen de Korte

> Citeren Arnaud Quette:
>
>  we could consider a slightly  more complex approach where older asciidoc
>> detection would only enable the single page html, and pdf version (if
>> dblatex is also present).
>>

> I'll see what I can do. I already noticed that at least some of the
> documentation will build with the (old) tools I have, so it might be
> interesting to do that.

which version are you running?

>  more recent version (once more, the not yet
>> released 8.6.3) are only needed to build a proper chunked HTML... but I'm
>> still unsure if it's worth.
>>

> Why not? The clean version strings are available and with the
> AX_COMPARE_VERSION macro checking the version is easy enough.

the above macro being in place, 1/2 the work is already being done.
so let's give it a try if you have 5 mn to do this.

>  A transitional solution, to avoid the missing build deps, would be to also
>> distribute asciidoc outputs, part of the nut tarball, or probably more as
>> standalone archives.
>>

> How big would they be?

probably enough to justify a separate nut-docs package, that would include
the 3 output types...

here are some approximations on the current version
remember that these are not yet polished! and part of this, we have
graphical illustrations that could have a major impact on the size.

- PDF :
469K docs/developer-guide.pdf
184K docs/FAQ.pdf
139K docs/packager-guide.pdf