[Nut-upsdev] udev versions (was Re: [Nut-upsuser] still no nut at reboot)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Nov 16 20:27:53 UTC 2010

Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple op gmail.com>:

> Looks like Ubuntu changed to the udev which supports ATTRS sometime
> between 6.06 and 8.04 (2006 and 2008), but I haven't tracked down
> when the kernels changed over.

If the system supports pkg-config, checking if the version is < 098
should be able to tell if we must use SYSFS or can use ATTRS (which is
supported for udev >= 098). Since this change happened somewhere in
2006, I'm not sure if this is an issue anymore however, so it's
probably safe to use ATTRS.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)