[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2708 - in branches/ssl-nss-port: clients m4 server

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sun Nov 28 19:32:50 UTC 2010

Citeren Arjen de Korte <nut+devel op de-korte.org>:

> I don't recall that we ever discussed the possibility of adding NSS
> support by using the 'nss_compat_ossl' OpenSSL compatibility layer.
> Just to be sure, I added this to see if this is a workable solution.
> On my (openSUSE) system this seems to build without problems.

Note that I intentionally wrote 'build without problems'. So far, I
haven't been able to successfully run the upsd server with NSS instead
of OpenSSL. Most likely this is due to not understanding how the
certificate system works with NSS. At the moment, the
SSL_init_library() call bombs out rather ungracefully with exit(1) (no
error message logged). Most likely, the underlying NSS_Init(certDir)
call fails. I guess I need to setup a certificate store (?) somehow.
And we'll sure need to make this a more descriptive error message... :-)

Best regards, Arjen

PS Steep learning curve ahead... :-)
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)