[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2706 - in branches/ssl-nss-port: . clients docs m4 server

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Nov 29 15:24:37 UTC 2010

Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette op alioth.debian.org>:

>  dnl ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -dnl Check for --with-ssl
> +dnl Check for with-ssl, and --with-nss or --with-openssl
> +dnl Only one can be enabled at a time, with a preference for Mozilla NSS
> +dnl if both are available

Having looked at the differences between Mozilla NSS and OpenSSL a
little, I doubt the above is a good idea. Migration from OpenSSL to
Mozilla NSS is in all likelihood not going to be transparent to
end-users and will require changes in the configuration. While I agree
that allowing people an option to choose for Mozilla NSS is good, it
would be a grievous mistake to break existing installations (using
OpenSSL) because we like the licensing conditions of Mozilla NSS
better. So I propose to prefer OpenSSL over Mozilla NSS when both are
present and '--with-ssl' is used.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)