[Nut-upsdev] Is in in process driver for AIPTEK UPS PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD USB

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Oct 18 11:01:08 UTC 2010

Citeren Dimitar Angelov <mitko op edabg.com>:

> Here is the output from lsusb -vvv:
> Our UPS is appeared as 'Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0665:5161 Cypress
> Semiconductor USB to Serial'.

In that case, chances are that it uses the (ubiquitous) Megatec/Q1
protocol over USB. Try the 'blazer_usb' driver, which should detect
this out of the box.

If the above doesn't work, it might use a small variation of the
Megatex/Q1 protocol or something completely different. In the first
case, it's more than likely that we can add support for this device.
But if it is something completely different (proprietary), the chances
that we will be able to support this (if at all) are slim. The only
way to tell is to snoop the communication between UPS and (bundled)
Windows software and post the output here (compressed).

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)