[Nut-upsdev] cross-compiling the windows_port branch (socklen_t)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Oct 20 13:59:30 UTC 2010

Citeren Frédéric Bohé <fredericbohe op eaton.com>:

> Indeed, the current configure.in has a number of issues.
> They are related to :
> 	- libusb detection
> 	- libneon detection
> 	- linking to regex
> 	- duplication of DATADIR macro
> 	- definition of socklen_t
> 	- inet_aton detection

Regarding inet_aton, this used in conjunction with the gethostbyaddr
function that is now marked 'obsolete' by POSIX. We should really
consider removing this old cruft from the tree, since all systems
nowadays support getaddrinfo.

Something similar goes for socklen_t. We should trust on
<sys/socket.h> to provide the necessary type.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)