[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2610 - branches/silent_build

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Oct 25 07:25:01 UTC 2010

Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette op alioth.debian.org>:

> Log:
> Optionaly enable silent build rules, using AM_SILENT_RULES, only if
> it's supported (requires automake 1.11)

Why do we need a new branch for this? As far as I can see, only the
below lines are really needed

> +dnl Currently, we only (force) enable silent rules if available
> +dnl Verbose mode can be turned on using "--disable-silent-rules"
> +m4_ifdef([AM_SILENT_RULES], [AM_SILENT_RULES([yes])])

Since the above first checks if this is available and then enables it,
I don't see where this might lead to portability concerns. Even it if
does, we already provide an option to disable this. So instead of
creating a new branch, it probably requires just a few lines in the
UPGRADING file (or equivalent) to mention the changed behavior and
what can be done if it breaks compilation.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)