[Nut-upsdev] The VMWare headache and NUT

Svein Skogen (Listmail account) svein-listmail at stillbilde.net
Sun Sep 26 09:01:40 UTC 2010

I'm having an UPS connected to my ReadyNAS 2100 (running NUT, btw) who
is in turn providing iSCSI storage for my two vmware host boxes.

The same UPS provides power for those two boxes.

I have a proper license, so the vmware vMA 4.1 _CAN_ in theory shut down
the hosts (not a read-only connection as you get with the free version),
but I'm having issues getting NUT to ... play ball with the vMA.

I can access the ups-via-network from all of my FreeBSD vm's (most of
them are FreeBSD installs), but the vMA install of the RPM just ...
fails. In an ugly way.

It may be that this is just another user spoiled by FreeBSD ports (that
actually works) and not RPM, but has anybody on the lists actually got
NUT working on vMA4.1?

Regards,

Svein Skogen

--
--------+-------------------+-------------------------------
  /"\   |Svein Skogen       | svein at d80.iso100.no
  \ /   |Solberg Østli 9    | PGP Key:  0xE5E76831
   X    |2020 Skedsmokorset | svein at jernhuset.no
  / \   |Norway             | PGP Key:  0xCE96CE13
        |                   | svein at stillbilde.net
 ascii  |                   | PGP Key:  0x58CD33B6
 ribbon |System Admin       | svein-listmail at stillbilde.net
Campaign|stillbilde.net     | PGP Key:  0x22D494A4
        |msn messenger:     | Mobile Phone: +47 907 03 575
        |svein at jernhuset.no | RIPE handle:    SS16503-RIPE
         If you really are in a hurry, mail me at
               svein-mobile at stillbilde.net
 This mailbox goes directly to my cellphone and is checked
        even when I'm not in front of my computer.
                     Picture Gallery:
          https://gallery.stillbilde.net/v/svein/