[Nut-upsdev] Time for a distributed VCS? (ChangeLog)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 09:16:36 UTC 2011

2011/12/2 Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com>:
> Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
>> As long as you do a simple SVN branch creation, I think we're fine
>> (remote "svn copy"). Depends when you want it to merge, I guess.
>
> I can confirm that.  Copies from mixed revisions are trouble; simple
> directory copies not.

I still don't see why Svn create multi parent when using a trunk
checkout, as the working area, then creating the remote branch using
that local working area (it's still trunk based!).
anyway, the fact is that this is the root cause of one of our issue.
so I'll stick with the standard procedure (remote "svn copy").

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com