[Nut-upsdev] CyberPower CP825AVR-G battery scale

Cliff Wright cliff at snipe444.org
Thu Dec 22 01:40:47 UTC 2011

A little over a month ago I acquired a CyberPower CP825AVR-G
ups. I found the usb was reporting the same vendor id (0x0501)
as a device requiring battery voltage scaling. However the
CyberPower does not require the voltage scaling, and was thus
showing the wrong voltage. I grabbed the software and removed
the battery scaling from the file drivers/cps-hid.c(line 54) to
make it work for me. Looks like the same usb device must have
been used on another product, so either the product id will
have to also be checked, or maybe add another config item
to specify battery voltage scaling.

--
Cliff Wright <cliff at snipe444.org>