[Nut-upsdev] Bug/Patch for NUT 2.6.0 ; usbhid-ups (libhid.c)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 08:38:51 UTC 2011

2011/2/13 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>

> Citeren Richard Gerth <r.gerth.phd at gmail.com>:
>
>  I'd be happy to do testing.
>>
>> Just let me know when...
>>

> In order to get some useful feedback for the -pre versions may I suggest to
> subscribe people that are willing to test upcoming releases to
> 'nut-upsannounce'? Currently, there seems to be nothing but spam in the
> archives (so we probably want to clean that out some day) and use this
> (read-only) list for announcements of -pre and stable versions only.
>
> I would very much welcome some testing on systems other than the developers
> have (most crucially, with different UPS hardware) *before* we release a
> stable version. As of now, we get no feedback at all for the -pre versions,
> which means these are currently a waste of effort. I'd like to change that,
> since it will improve the quality of the stable versions before we release
> them and will prevent us from having quite broken versions in the field.
>
> Comments?

good idea!

we may want to track this list of peoples, and reference these as part of
the crew (by writing their names down in the Acknowledgements section,
"Testers" or "Validation team").

This would have the added value of giving us (the team) a better visibility
on what can be tested, and what can't.

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com