[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2809 -branches/ssl-nss-port/server

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Jan 10 20:57:19 UTC 2011

Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev op gmail.com>:

> I would also add that documentation will also be in that way:
> UPGRADING will inform existing users to move to CERTPATH, and user
> documentation will note CERTFILE as deprecated in favor of CERTPATH.

I couldn't disagree more. Using CERTPATH would hint users that they
need to provide a driectory here (like STATEPATH, DATAPATH,
ALTPIDPATH). We should really take care not to make the NSS
configuration re-use directives from the OpenSSL configuration.
Ordinary users may have no clue if the pre-build binaries they are
using were build with the OpenSSL or the NSS library. The only hint
they may ever see, is that the client/server complains about
directives it doesn't understand. In my not so humble opinion, we
really should consider surrounding the SSL related directives with
#ifdef / #endif preprocessor directives.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)