[Nut-upsdev] SSL certificate verification with OpenSSL in NUT trunk

EmilienKia at Eaton.com EmilienKia at Eaton.com
Thu Jan 13 08:24:36 UTC 2011

Hi all,

After client's certificate verifications discussion in the mailing-list,
I have done some tests with nut trunk and - if my config is not too bad
- I think ther is a bug with server certificate verification.

With a clean trunk checkout, compile and installation; and with the
following config :

upsmon.conf:
CERTPATH /usr/local/ups/etc/cert/
CERTVERIFY 1
FORCESSL 1

Upsd.conf:
CERTFILE /usr/local/ups/etc/upsd1.pem

And /usr/local/ups/etc/cert/ is empty (no file).

When I start upsd and upsmon, there is a valid SSL connection between
them.

So, do I misunderstand CERTVERIFY directive ? Or is there a bug ?
Can you reproduce such behaviour ?

BR,
Emilien