[Nut-upsdev] "Ever" Company UPS drivers

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 11:48:45 UTC 2011

Hi Szymon,

2011/2/23 Szymon Iwiński <siwinski at ever.com.pl>

>  Dear NUT Developers,
>

> First of all I would like to introduce myself, my name is Simon Iwiński and
> for some time right now I’m working in Ever Company that design and builds
> UPSes from scratch. I’m responsible mostly for proper functionality of
> “Evers”  IT sector but lately also for our dedicated application (called
> PowerSoft) testing and development. Recently I’ve heard about NUT from one
> of our clients, that uses it for a long time now. He was quite disappointed
> that none of our modern products, was supported by NUT Project. In order to
> understand how it works I’ve installed NUT on my Debian machine and I have
> to admit that its terrific. In this occasion I would like to thank (by I
> think everybody who uses it aswell) for making this awesome tool, I can only
> imagine how much time does it take to create something that works so well.
>  Secondly
>
> I would like to kindly ask You NUT Developers is it possible to write down
> new drivers to our products? Of course ill send any necessary technical
> documentation needed for that process. Please let me know if its possible, I
> personally regret that we got only one star on Hardware Compatibility List.

4 months have passed without any developer standing up (and thanks to
Charles for reminding me this).
from there, you have 2 options to improve your support level:

- do it yourself: test your devices with NUT, create or improve driver(s)
and submit patches.
Providing publicly protocols and information also help.
This is not a hard task, and we can provide you advices and guidance to do
so.

- some NUT developers may provide paid professional services.
Up to you to propose a "bounty" and see if somebody is interested.

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com