[Nut-upsdev] UPS driver for Online USV-Systeme Zinto A

Christian "Eddie" Dost ecd at brainaid.de
Tue Jun 14 08:22:21 UTC 2011

Hi Arjen,

it should be possible to add the line for "zinto" to the global
'command' structure, "Q1" and "F" replies are the same. I believe we
should add a configuration option to select the protocol, as you say
probing commands might hurt other UPSs. From the single "Q1" we can't
auto-probe for zinto or not zinto...

Do you have a suggesting for this option? Should it be possible to
select the protocol directly, i.e. just specify "zinto" or one of the
others in ups.conf?

The output voltage setting is auto sensing, with lower input you get the
lower 3 voltages, with higher input you get the higher 3 voltages.

I agree about ups.test.interval.

I do not fully understand the intention of the battery longtime option,
the user manual is not clear about this either. I still would like to be
able to set this to standard in case some UPS is configured the other way.

Do you have a suggestion for the configuration option to select the
protocol in ups.conf? - I will rewrite this so it gets integrated into
the blazer driver and send another diff...

Cheers,
Eddie