[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r3071 - branches/apcsmart-dev/drivers

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Jun 28 18:51:03 UTC 2011

Citeren Michal Soltys <msoltyspl-guest op alioth.debian.org>:

> Log:
> apcsmart: allow tearing down/setting up serial connection during
> normal activity;

If this is needed at all (why?), I don't think this should be handled
at driver level, but this would need to be in the serial.c library.
Opening/closing a serial port is independent from the protocol used
(no data is to be transmitted), so if there is a need for the apcsmart
driver, likewise we will need this for other serial drivers as well.
We certainly don't want to duplicate this code for every serial driver
we support. One thing I fail to understand is why a driver should be
able to close a connection to the serial port. Could you please
elaborate on that?

> changes should fix #535583 as well

Please be a little more verbose in your patch comments. It took me a
while to find that this was not a bug on Alioth, but on Ubuntu
instead. This may be obvious for you, this information will be lost
once this makes it into the drivers ChangeLog.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)