[Nut-upsdev] Adding power devices support to OCS Inventory NG

Guillaume PROTET guillaume at ocsinventory-ng.org
Tue Nov 15 15:27:43 UTC 2011

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks a lot for your email. Of course, we are interested to work with you on this. It could be really interesting to get this kind of informations in OCS Inventory.

If the "nut-scanner" command can use SNMP, an idea could be to integrate it directly in OCS SNMP scans steps. A special perl module could be create to make OCS agent able to scan NUT devices during its SNMP scans. I think it could be easily integrated. If you want, you can take a look at OCS Unix agent trunk branch on launchpad (https://code.launchpad.net/~ocsinventory-dev/ocsinventory-unix-agent/trunk) and take a look to lib/Ocsinventory/Agent/Modules/Snmp* files to give you an idea on how SNMP scans work.

Of course, it is a first idea and there is surely an other way to do this :) :).

Kind regards,

--
Guillaume