[Nut-upsdev] MGE MIB related bug

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:49:42 UTC 2011

2011/11/23 Kiss Gabor (Bitman) <kissg at ssg.ki.iif.hu>:
>> > The result is a bit strange:
>> > ups.status: OL OL
>>
>> indeed
>
>> > Is this what you expected?
>>
>> not at all.
>>
>> > Or should I compile a version 2.6.2 driver?
>>
>> yes, test the trunk to be sure of the code your testing.
>
> Done.
> Everything seems to be okay.

so you confirm that the redundant status values has gone?!

> Statement:
> r3321 of drivers/mge-mib.c gets correct ups.status from
> MGE/APC/SE network manegement card "Ref 66074", firmware version "GF".
> :-)

I'm still unsure if I should create a "Schneider" or "APC / Schneider"
or whatever variation to track these.
Schneider seems still using the APC brand, though for example, your
card is "MGE SNMP/Web card" from "APC by Schneider"!

>> I'm doing my best, but just remember that I'm there supporting a user
>> from our (Eaton) major competitor ;-)
>
> Page http://www.networkupstools.org/acknowledgements.html writes:
>
> | Through the acquisition of MGE Office Protection Systems (a carve
> | out of the MGE UPS SYSTEMS small systems, up to 10 KVA), Eaton has
> | been supporting NUT, and more generally the Free/Libre Opensource
> | Software Community since around 2002.
>
> This single phase UPS in my office is made bye MGE and it is below 10 kVA.
> I can't see any problem. :-))))

which MGE? ;)
Anyway, MGE (whichever) is now defunct for years, and Eaton is a
better for NUT (single and 3 phases, UPS and PDU).

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com