[Nut-upsdev] MGE MIB related bug

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 13:26:40 UTC 2011

Hi Kiss,

2011/11/23 Kiss Gabor (Bitman) <kissg at ssg.ki.iif.hu>:
>> > Everything seems to be okay.
>>
>> so you confirm that the redundant status values has gone?!
>
> Yes.

thanks for the confirmation.

>> > Statement:
>> > r3321 of drivers/mge-mib.c gets correct ups.status from
>> > MGE/APC/SE network manegement card "Ref 66074", firmware version "GF".
>> > :-)
>>
>> I'm still unsure if I should create a "Schneider" or "APC / Schneider"
>> or whatever variation to track these.
>> Schneider seems still using the APC brand, though for example, your
>> card is "MGE SNMP/Web card" from "APC by Schneider"!
>
> Yes, it'a a bit meshy.
> I'm unable to follow the chain of acquisitions. :-)

I've abandoned, to only follow the NUT friendly chain ;-)

> This one we have:
> http://soft.apc.com/emb/htm/66074e.htm

still funny to see MGE device from "APC by Schneider".
a kind of Suse from Novell by Microsoft... ;-)

Aside from this, I would need your Perl talent in a soon future.
The idea is to complete the various "bindings" (Perl, Python, Java)
efforts, around client, discovery and configuration.
Can I count with you?

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com