[Nut-upsdev] Time for a distributed VCS?

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Tue Nov 29 23:05:03 UTC 2011

Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
> if you and Charles are ready to roll out, you have my blessing.

I'm not quite ready.  repostreamer has made large strides since my
last mail, it's now production-ready I think - but it turns out that in
commit 7 you did a multiple copyfrom action that repostreamer doesn't
yet know how to handle. You chose an odd way to create a branch that I wasn't
expecting, copying individual files rather than a directory.

I think I can teach repostreamer to parse this, however. If not there is
git-svn to fall back on.

(Again, this is why I look for conversions to do.)

> as told to Charles, I just need to have the ChangeLog generation from
> logs (last show stopper for release), and I'm fine.

I don't grok this requirement, but it sounds like a problem for
"Mr. Inside" Charles to solve after I've delivered a clean conversion, so I
won't worry about it.

> thanks to both of you for your work on this topic.
> it's sweet to my heart, even if the opposite may be perceived.

Oh, heck no, you've been as supportive as anyone could ask for.
No complaint at all from here.