[Nut-upsdev] [Fusioninventory-devel] Adding power devices support to Fusion Inventory

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Tue Nov 29 19:46:26 UTC 2011

2011/11/17 Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
> Hi Gonéri,
>
> 2011/11/17 Gonéri Le Bouder <goneri at rulezlan.org>:
>> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 09:20:15PM +0100, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm interest to start the integration on the agent side (local inventory).
>> There no UPS here. Is there a way to emulate it?
>
> sure.
> I've attached an updated (and not yet published) version of the NUT
> simulation info.
> You will find everything you need to simulate as many UPS, PDU, (...) you want.
> Since manpages links are broken, also use the online version:
> http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/index.html
I managed to create a dummy device.

"upsrw dummy" gives me very few output. Can you please point me some
examples of upsrw output?

Is there a command I can run to get the list the ups on a machine?

Do you have an idea of the amount of supported UPS that return a serial number?

So far, the best system I can imagine is a forumlar on the server side
where the user
write the list of UPS devices to inventory (IP, hostname, login, pw, ups).

The agent gets the list, contact each device and get a full log with upsrw and
push back the data to the server.

IMO upsrw data structure is simple enough to avoid a new perl dependency on
UPS::Nut perl binding. What is your opinion about this?

Best regards,
--
     Gonéri Le Bouder