[Nut-upsdev] [Fusioninventory-devel] Adding power devices support to Fusion Inventory

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Wed Nov 30 14:07:52 UTC 2011

2011/11/30 Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
> 2011/11/29 Gonéri Le Bouder <goneri at rulezlan.org>:
>> 2011/11/17 Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
>>> Hi Gonéri,
(snip)

I had a phone call with Arnaud regarding this topic.

The idea so far is to do an initial scan scan of the network with:
 - nut-scanner if avalaible or
 - a nmap scan on port 3493 to identify nut daemon

Once the network scan is done we should:
 - use upsc to collect the information or
 - if upsc is not installed, use a telnet like connection to get the same result

For local inventory, we should do an "upsc -l" to identify devices and
then do an upsc $device and send back the information.

On the GLPI side, when we have UPS information, we should add a new
tab on the devices  to display the information:
 - the list of the USB UPS and there status
 - or for a standalone device, just the status

Some example provided by Arnaud of information returned for a given device:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/nut/trunk/data/evolution500.seq?revision=2778&view=markup
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/nut/trunk/data/epdu-managed.dev?revision=2778&view=markup

Best regards,
--