[Nut-upsdev] Introductions, questions

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 20:06:55 UTC 2011

  Hello,

  I have found that I need to be able to control a TrippLite
SMART2200RMXL2U ups, with an external battery.  I found recently after
trying to communicate that many of the bits I would care about (the
output ports/loads) wheren't exposed in the current driver.

  I also happen to have the Web/SNMP card, which allows me to change
many of the settings via ssh/http interfaces.  I'm using this to try
to identify exactly which of the bits means what, by doing an explore,
making a change, then exploring again.

  I was wondering what the best way to get this back into the driver was.

  I am also finding that I get usb errors up the wazzoo, such as:

   0.077393	libusb_get_report: error sending control message: Broken pipe
   0.077398	Can't retrieve Report 6b: Broken pipe

  I'm currently using 2.6.0, as I need to be able to add these changes
to a known debian package (get source, make patch, rebuild deb
package).

--
-- Thomas