[Nut-upsdev] UPS - CYBERPOWER CPS DX600E supported by usbhid-ups

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 22:21:37 UTC 2012

On Aug 31, 2012, at 5:26 PM, Petr Topiarz <topiarz at post.cz> wrote:

> Hi Charles,
> you're right, this is OpenBSD 5.1, I do not understand fully what you mean by the shutdown sequence. I make my cron read the upsc output and tell the system to shutdown if level is low. If the electricity supply is up again, my server automaticaly wakes up, if this is what you mean.
> Peter

Often people will either let upsmon send a shutdown command when the UPS reports a low battery, or they use upssched to do so after a certain length of time on battery. There are several different types of shutdown commands for an UPS, and the support for them is not always consistent.

> Dne 31.8.2012 23:15, Charles Lepple napsal(a):
>> On Aug 30, 2012, at 5:18 AM, Petr Topiarz wrote:
>>
>>> UPS - CYBERPOWER CPS DX600E
>>>
>>> upsc usb at localhost
>>> battery.charge: 100
>>> battery.charge.low: 10
>>> battery.charge.warning: 20
>>> battery.mfr.date: CPS
>>> battery.runtime: 1650
>>> battery.runtime.low: 300
>>> battery.type: PbAcid
>>> battery.voltage: 4.8
>>> battery.voltage.nominal: 12
>>> device.mfr: CPS
>>> device.model: DX600E
>>> device.type: ups
>>> driver.name: usbhid-ups
>>> driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
>>> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
>>> driver.parameter.port: /dev/ugen0.00
>>> driver.version: 2.6.3-Unversioned directory
>>> driver.version.data: CyberPower HID 0.3
>>> driver.version.internal: 0.35
>>> input.transfer.high: 0
>>> input.transfer.low: 0
>>> input.voltage: 230.0