[Nut-upsdev] How to cause a local system shutdown...

William R. Elliot bill at wreassoc.com
Thu Feb 9 22:44:49 UTC 2012

Hi all.  I'm working on an update to the ONEAC driver and have a
request from a user that I am not sure how to handle.

The UPS can be communicated with through a couple different methods
(e.g. Serial, network).   If a UPS shutdown command comes through the
network interface, the user wants NUT (serial connection) to signal
the supported systems to shutdown.

What is the "right" way to do this?  One thought was to trigger the
LB status if the shutdown counter was ever found to be
non-zero.  Would that work?  What other options should be considered?

Thanks,

Bill