[Nut-upsdev] How to cause a local system shutdown...

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:13:58 UTC 2012

On Feb 14, 2012, at 11:10 PM, William R. Elliot wrote:

> OK.  Totally missed that I could send FSD as a status from the driver...sorry.  I'll give that a shot.

Bill,

Not a problem. I think you are breaking new ground here, but it's something that we should consider for other big UPS models.

Arnaud,

Have you had a chance to follow this discussion? Basically, it sounds like we have a gap in the shutdown mechanism if NUT is set up to monitor an UPS, but the force-shutdown command is sent to the UPS by another system which is not the NUT master. This would probably apply to Eaton's multi-user UPSes like those monitored by snmp-ups and the XML-based cards.

top of the thread: http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3c201202092250.q19MoEhE018871%40wreassoc.com%3e

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail