[Nut-upsdev] New variables?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 10:29:11 UTC 2012

Hi again William,

2012/2/14 William R. Elliot <bill at wreassoc.com>:
> As mentioned before I am working on an update to the ONEAC driver.  Most of
> the ONEAC UPS products use an output voltage window to trigger either a tap
> change or the inverter to maintain the output voltage level.  For this
> reason, the existing variables (input.transfer.boost.low,
> input.transfer.boost.high) don't make sense.
>
> I know I can create variables with dstate_setinfo but it doesn't seem that
> they become properly visible to upsrw. ("Description unavailable", "Type:
> UNKNOWN (unrecognized)").

answered in the other thread...

> Possible new variables:          Example
> output.window.high               132
> output.window.high.max           140
> output.window.high.min           110
> output.window.low                95
> output.window.low.max            120
> output.window.low.min            90
>
> Other logic would enforce the high to be higher than the low and the driver
> may need to enforce other UPS specific rules such as the minimum spread
> between the high and the low.

this is more tied to the input voltage, than the output voltage.
this logic is already handled through the following variables:

- input.transfer.low: Low voltage transfer point (91)
- input.transfer.high: High voltage transfer point (132)
- input.transfer.low.min: smallest settable low voltage transfer point (85)
- input.transfer.low.max: greatest settable low voltage transfer point (95)
- input.transfer.high.min: smallest settable high voltage transfer point (131)
- input.transfer.high.max: greatest settable high voltage transfer point (136)

and

- input.transfer.boost.low : Low voltage boosting transfer point (190)
- input.transfer.boost.high: High voltage boosting transfer point (210)
- input.transfer.trim.low: Low voltage trimming transfer point (230)
- input.transfer.trim.high: High voltage trimming transfer point (240)

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com