[Nut-upsdev] Problem with detecting "Mustek PowerMust 2000VA"

Vladimir Micovic vladimir at micovic.com
Mon Jan 2 05:14:47 UTC 2012

Hello,

i try to setup NUT service to read/control my UPS but without success.
Problem is when i try to start "/usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl -DDDD -u
root start" i got:

        /Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.2/
        /   0.000000/
        /If you're not a NUT core developer, chances are that you're
        told to enable debugging/
        /to see why a driver isn't working for you. We're sorry for the
        confusion, but this is/
        /the 'upsdrvctl' wrapper, not the driver you're interested in./
        /Below you'll find one or more lines starting with 'exec:'
        followed by an absolute/
        /path to the driver binary and some command line option. This is
        what the driver/
        /starts and you need to copy and paste that line and append the
        debug flags to that/
        /line (less the 'exec:' prefix)./
        /   0.000348     Starting UPS: mustek/
        /   0.000489     exec:  /usr/local/ups/bin/blazer_ser -a mustek
        -u root/
        /Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol serial driver 1.51 (2.6.2)/
        /Unable to open auto: No such file or directory/
        /Things to try:/
        / - Check 'port=' in ups.conf/
        / - Check owner/permissions of all parts of path/
        /Fatal error: unusable configuration/
        /   0.003411     Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

        /

//My "/usr/local/ups/etc/ups.conf" contain:

        user = root
        [mustek]
        driver = blazer_ser
        port = auto

UPS is connected over USB and log from "message" show next on connect:

        hiddev97: USB HID v1.00 Device [Cypress Semiconductor USB to
        Serial] on usb-0000:00:1a.0-1

Can i get some help please? :)

thank you.