[Nut-upsdev] Mixed-commit problem solved

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 10:16:21 UTC 2012

Hi Eric,

2012/1/9 Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com>

> Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
> > Note that I have a few things stagging for the "Powerchain" branch, which
> > is not yet usable, but might be worth to commit.
> > But since I don't want to interfere with the git transition, this can
> wait
> > a bit more...
>
> Go ahead and commit.  I have the git conversion scripted now - you can work
> normally on the Subversion repo and when Charles says it's ready we'll
> do a last run and switch over.

I did (r3381)

> You can simplify things a bit by doing your comments in git form (summary
> line plus continuation) so I don't have to edit them.

but I've not done that part :-/

I'm not entirely sure of the format on my side though! Should it be:
Summary line
continuation

Or something else?

> I'm now working on detecting merges and places where directory copies
> should produce two-parent commits.
>
> Just because you might find it interesting, the current version of the
> lift script follows.  These aren't shell commands, they're reposurgeon
> commands.

ok, thanks.
I've quickly looked at it, and everything seems fine AFAICT.
But there, I'm still relying on Charles...

thanks again Eric and Charles for your work on this.

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com