[Nut-upsdev] git conversion progress

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 13:21:53 UTC 2012

On Jan 19, 2012, at 9:53 PM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> In previous mail, I wrote:
>
>> I'm not entirely happy with the branch link deduction, but I think
>> this is the best we're going to do without manual intervention to
>> break some harmless but spurious parent links.
>
> Sometimes it's good to be wrong.  I was able to find a simple way to detect
> and remove those exiguous parent links.  The translated DAG looks
> really nice now.
>
> Back to work on the merge code...

Agreed, the topology is looking very good.

I won't have time to go over the files themselves (or to find additional merge points) until this weekend, but this merge hasn't been discovered automatically in the latest conversion:

> apcsmart-dev -> trunk: merged in SVN r3211
> (2011-09-12T13:54:55Z!msoltyspl-guest at alioth.debian.org)
> - trunk parent: r3206 (2011-09-12T02:15:45Z!clepple+nut at gmail.com)
> - branch parent: r3210 (2011-09-12T13:04:33Z!msoltyspl-guest at alioth.debian.org)

(from commit c7c43e69 in nut-conversion, and c3144b2 in reposurgeon)

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail