[Nut-upsdev] bestfortress driver establishes/loses/establishes communication and so on...

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Fri Jan 27 04:49:10 UTC 2012

Long ago, Nostradamus foresaw that on Jan 26, Arnaud Quette would write:

> thanks for the log.
> sadly, I don't see any "checksum corruption" in this 76 seconds run.
> can you please let the driver run a bit more, so that I can see some
> of these, and get an idea of the frequency and corruption level (if
> any)?

Scanning my logs, I see that the corruption happens about once every
2 days here on my home desktop.

If the other (!) user of bestfortress is getting the corruption more often,
he should get the log.  I've got plenty of disk, and should be able
to arrange to gather the necessary giant log, but it will take a while.
It used to happen more often (several times a day) at the customer site
where this UPS was previously installed (and replaced with a modern
USB based model).  So I suspect that the corruption is caused by
interference on the serial cable.

--
 	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>