[Nut-upsdev] Updated apc-mib.c

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 20:27:40 UTC 2012

Hi Hong-Gunn,

2012/7/6 Hong-Gunn Chew <hglinux at gunnet.org>

> Hi Arnaud,
>
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 02:36:31PM +0200, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> > 2012/6/13 <hglinux at gunnet.org>
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > Hi Hong-Gunn,
> >

> > > I updated apc-mib.c to use the high precision values, and added
> > > input.transfer.reason.
> > > I hope you will find the patch useful.
> > >
> > > https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=313679
> > >

> > yup, I saw your patch on Alioth, but had no time yet to acknowledge it,
> > sorry.
> >
> > before applying your patch, I need some more validation and information:
> > - do "high precision values" complete or replace the existing ones (Ie,
> are
> > the 2 available at the same time)?
>
> The high precision values are in addition to the existing ones, so both
> values are available.
>
> > - you've move ambient.*.{high,low} to the first index (Ie, sensor 1)
> which
> > is good since it was planned for the future.
> > what puzzles me is that you left ambient.{temperature,humidity}, which
> > seems wrong.
> > so either there are missing counterpart for ambient.1.*, or the current
> > ambient.{temperature,humidity} should be moved to ambient.1...
>
> I did not move them as they are not for the same probes as the .1. ones.
> The first ambient.temperature,humidity is for a built-in ups probe.
> The second ambient.temperature,humidity is for an integrated probe in the
> environmental card.
> While the .1. settings are for the external probe 1 of the environmental
> card.
> I can clean this up further if it would be useful, but I didn't do it as I
> don't have these results.

understood.
if you anyway have the counterparts for the integrated probe, I would
appreciate a patch ;)

I've just modified the namespace to finally expose multiple ambient sensors
(r3676).
I've further clarified this specific point with r3677:
trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/changeset/3676
trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/changeset/3677

> - to complete the above and speed up things (read "to catch up my
> > late"...), I would appreciate a numeric + a string walk of your APC
> > subtree. Please send it in compressed form.
>
> Ok.  Attached.  And the MIB can be found at
> ftp://ftp.apc.com/apc/public/software/pnetmib/mib/404/powernet404.mib

cool, thanks. Anyway, the values I was looking for are missing (well, set
to "0"), so that doesn't actually help.

Part of your patch, there are 2 variables that do not exist yet:
- battery.current.total: added since it makes sense
- ups.test.date: makes sense too, added with

Both have been also added with r3676.

Finally, I've applied your patch to the trunk, r3678.
Thanks for your contribution.

cheers,
new blog - http://arnaud.quette.fr