[Nut-upsdev] Updated apc-mib.c

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 12:36:31 UTC 2012

2012/6/13 <hglinux at gunnet.org>

> Hi,

Hi Hong-Gunn,

> I updated apc-mib.c to use the high precision values, and added
> input.transfer.reason.
> I hope you will find the patch useful.
>
> https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=313679

yup, I saw your patch on Alioth, but had no time yet to acknowledge it,
sorry.

before applying your patch, I need some more validation and information:
- do "high precision values" complete or replace the existing ones (Ie, are
the 2 available at the same time)?
- you've move ambient.*.{high,low} to the first index (Ie, sensor 1) which
is good since it was planned for the future.
what puzzles me is that you left ambient.{temperature,humidity}, which
seems wrong.
so either there are missing counterpart for ambient.1.*, or the current
ambient.{temperature,humidity} should be moved to ambient.1...
- to complete the above and speed up things (read "to catch up my
late"...), I would appreciate a numeric + a string walk of your APC
subtree. Please send it in compressed form.

otherwise, your patch looks great!
thanks for your contrib,
Linux / Unix / Opensource Engineering Expert - Eaton -
http://opensource.eaton.com
Network UPS Tools (NUT) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org
Free Software Developer - http://arnaud.quette.free.fr