[Nut-upsdev] Mozilla NSS branch merge

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 13:55:33 UTC 2012

As Charles mentioned in a mail today, we have a branch merge underway for NSS.

This branch has been staging for a year, since it's development completion.
So time has come to move on, and complete the work there, to switch to
other topics.

Charles has already sync'ed a git branch with the latest trunk (master) there:
https://github.com/clepple/nut/tree/ssl-nss-port-CFL

To ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible (Ie no
regression), along with validating the new features, a light
validation plan was done by Frédéric (who's not the developer, for
neutrality / non biased approach). AFAICT, we (Eaton, sponsor of this
feature) never published the results.
So here it is: http://www.networkupstools.org/tmp/NUT-NSS_Mini_DVT_Plan-draft-FB.pdf

Once the final merge is done, we have planned to apply again these
tests to the trunk / master, to ensure absence of regression.

@Charles: do you see any remaining show stopper for the final merge?

Feedback and comments welcome, as usual.

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com