[Nut-upsdev] Snmp-ups/netvision driver for Socomec UPS

Ivan Kuznetsov kia at solvo.ru
Sat May 5 12:00:52 UTC 2012

Hello Arnaud

24.04.2012 17:59, Arnaud Quette wroute:

> 2012/4/16 Ivan Kuznetsov <kia at solvo.ru <mailto:kia at solvo.ru>>
>
>     Hello
>

> Hello Ivan,
>
>     We have an Socomec Sicon Netys PR3000 UPS equipped with NetVision
>     Web/SNMP adaptor. I try to monitor the ups using snmp-ups driver and
>     netvision mibs set. The snmp-ups driver starts correctly and
>     connects to the UPS, upsd confirms it, but upsmon constantly shows
>     "No communication" error
>
>     I think the cause is the SNMP adapter reports the UPS status as "ECO
>     mode" (snmpget .1.3.6.1.4.1.4555.1.1.1.1.4.1.__0 returns 9), but
>     snmp-ups does not correctly process this. Here is output of
>     'snmp-ups -a socomec -u nut -D':
[...]
>     In netvision-mib.c I see that ups.status field is constructed from
>     NETVISION_OID_BATTERYSTATUS (.1.3.6.1.4.1.4555.1.1.1.1.2.__1.0) and
>     NETVISION_OID_OUTPUT_SOURCE (.1.3.6.1.4.1.4555.1.1.1.1.4.__1.0).
>
>     Battery status is normal (value 2), value for netvision_batt_info is
>     "" (empty string). Good.
>     Output status has value 9, netvision_output_info is empty string
>     too. Looks false because the UPS is on and works in high-efficiency
>     UPS mode.
>     The result is that ups.status get an empty string value, which
>     confuses upsmon.
>

> agreed.
> in the same spirit, "Output status==8" should probably be processed as
> "OL" too.

I'm not sure about Output status 8. The MIB file v.5.0.1 from Sococmec
does not clarify what is the "Output Source standby". The UPS we have
never returns value 8.

> can you please confirm the attached patch, before I commit it?

I build the patched nut 2.6.3 RPM (it takes time to fight against old
autoconf version in RHEL5, hehe...) and start it at servers connected to
Socomec UPS. It works mainly, but we need to arrange some tests with UPS
power off. Probaly we can do it on next week

With regards, Ivan Kuznetsov
System Administrator
SOLVO ltd